Everyone loves a freshly renovated basement, and adding extra usable space to your home. But before you spend your hard-earned money adding livable square footage to your home, it’s important to ask “what’s the best basement flooring”. We’ve put together some basement flooring tips and advice to consider before taking the next steps towards your basement renovation.
First, before selecting flooring, we recommend having a basement assessment to ensure your basement is not prone to flooding, and to allow a waterproofing professional to find any warning signs of flooding.
Next, ask your waterproofing pro about installing an interior drain tile with hydro channel. In the event of a flood, this will help alleviate water build up and mitigate damage.
Basement Flooring Options:
- Epoxy Flooring: Epoxy floor coatings come in a variety of colors and styles, quickly adding a touch of personal style (and durability) to your basement flooring. Should water find its way to your basement, epoxy floors will prevent water from getting under the floor, and allowing mold growth.
- Snap-Lock Flooring: Snap-lock flooring is a great, removable flooring option. This option allows for the flooring to be removed and re-installed as needed for cleaning (or in the event of a flooded basement).
- Hardwood Flooring: Real hardwood flooring can add a nice, finished touch to your basement, but it’s important to consider that in the event of a basement flood, this flooring is not easily salvageable.
- Carpeting: Carpet can provide a nice, comforting feel in your basement, but before selecting this option, consider that in the event of a basement flood, carpet is not easily salvageable.
- Schedule a free consultation with a waterproofing pro
- (Don’t forget to ask about the interior drain!)
- Find the flooring option best for you
- We recommend Epoxy flooring for its clean finish, custom colors, and durability
- Schedule your flooring installation!
- Sit back and let the pros take it from there