Energy Audits for Homes and Businesses
What is an Energy Audit?
An Energy Audit is an approach to identifying the primary sources that are making your home or business energy usage inefficient and uncomfortable. An Energy Auditor will perform an examination of your home or business to assess its overall performance and energy efficiency. The auditor will complete a series of tests to assist in revealing any concealed energy leaks or unhealthy conditions that are reducing the efficiency, comfort, and safety of your business or home.
Services Offered with an Energy Audit:
- Infrared Scanning
- Draft Testing – Mechanical Inspection of Carbon Monoxide back drafting
- Blower Door Testing
- Check for Insulation/Proper Insulation in Attic and Walls
What are the benefits?
Understanding the specific conditions that are affecting the performance and comfort of your building is necessary to maximize the overall impact of energy-focused home improvements. Our Energy Auditors utilize a whole-envelope approach to assess how specific improvements can work collectively to provide maximum comfort and energy savings.
A comprehensive energy audit will identify energy improvements that:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduce energy usage
- Improve quality of indoor air
- Produce consistent interior temperatures
- Reduce air leaked (Cold Drafts)
- Improve humidity and ventilation
How do I prepare for an energy audit?
The following items will help you prepare for your Energy Audit:
- Have one year of energy usage from utility provider and account number.
- Look for broken or defective windows and doors
- Write down any areas that are either too hot or too cold
- Remove any obstructions around water heaters, air conditioners, and furnaces
- Clean debris from fireplaces
- Make sure all areas to be assessed are accessible
About Zander Solutions
Founded over 40 years ago, Zander Solutions, Inc. provides waterproofing solutions, concrete restoration and repair, foundation improvement, and, now, insulation and energy services throughout the Upper Midwest. Currently the company has more than 100 employees and operates of locations in Verona, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Eden Prairie, MN.